Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I loooooooovvveeeee Christmas. Mostly because of the presents, and because it's only twelve days before my birthday. Which means more presents ;) But my absolute favorite part is decorating!
Christmas 2012
Hard to take a picture of it in the dark, but I am in love with this wreath, which I made myself :) It's sparkly and colorful, which is the definition of awesome. 



Four years ago before Shane and I got married, I started making stockings for the both of us. And this year, I actually finished them! Plus two more for the doggies. 
Christmas 2012
Charlie and Sheldon's stockings are my favorite, the little puppies in the Santa hats are just too cute. 



The nativity has a few extra visitors this year, with Santa, Marie Antoinette, and a penguin. We also have two baby Jesuses. It's a long story.
Christmas 2012




You can never have too many Christmas lights. Or too much garland. I'm thinking about making a Walmart run for some more as I type this...
Christmas 2012



Even the water dispenser got a little Christmas spirit.
Christmas 2012



Santa and his reindeer came a little early this year but they decided they liked it and wanted to stay for a while. The elves can handle it, right? 
Christmas 2012


The tree! Our old tree was a bit gigantic, so we picked up this perfect apartment-sized one for only $20. Christmas bargains are the best.
Christmas 2012
I get really carried away when I'm decorating the tree. We have a ton of ornaments, and I like to see how many I can squeeze on the tree without it collapsing under the weight of them all. 


Of course my four giant boxes of ornaments can't all possibly fit on the tree, try as I might, so I had to get creative. Also, check out my awesome Martha Stewart poinsettia wreath! It actually was a Martha Stewart kit, and it took forever to make. 
Christmas 2012



Can't let the tiny ornaments feel left out! 
Christmas 2012



Can you believe we finished our Christmas shopping like two weeks ago, and the gifts are  already wrapped? The best part was it wasn't even planned. We went to the store to start browsing for gift ideas and somehow Santa worked his magic and we ended up with gifts for everyone. I hope every year is this easy! 
Christmas 2012
As prepared as we are, it turns out there is a problem with being done with Christmas shopping and decorating this early. You just get on this shopping high and want to buy more and more presents for everyone, and of course you can never have too many decorations. Our Christmas shopping budget is already way over, and I'm sure by the time the 24th rolls around, every surface in this apartment will twinkle or glitter. 


Of course, Shane and I aren't the only ones ready for Christmas! Charlie and Sheldon went for a special day at the doggie spa and got their holiday haircuts. They even spritzed them with some Christmas cookie perfume. Yum!
Christmas 2012

Now all that's left is to sit out our plate of cookies, scoot our couch away from the fireplace to give Santa some leeway, and wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment