Thursday, November 21, 2013

Dealing with pre-holiday stress, and a turkey picture!

As we all know, the holidays can be a very stressful time. Apparently for me, I don't even have to wait for the holidays to start enjoying the stress. Yesterday I was on the verge of a major breakdown, and to cope I decided to draw turkeys. 


I must just have a thing for turkeys, because I drew this one last year. 

But seriously, though, I wrote a to do list on Tuesday and came up with two and a half pages of things. 




I don't know how I have this many things to put on a to do list, but there it is. Don't worry, not everything has to be done tomorrow, in fact most aren't urgent at all, just things that have to be done in the somewhat near future. Writing it all out like this helped me visualize what all needs to be done, and it also let me empty my mind so I don't worry about forgetting every little thing. I didn't realize how much had been weighing on me until I wrote it all out like that. 


I also realized that most of my to do items are things that shouldn't be stressful, they should be FUN, like buying Christmas decorations for the new house or hanging up the picture frames I just got. I have decided to stop my ridiculous stressing and just ENJOY myself and the holidays. Because what's the point of buying Christmas gifts if you don't get to enjoy buying and gifting them? That's the whole point. But if I don't touch up the ceiling paint in the kitchen, it won't kill me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment