Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Stuck in a rut

I need to get out of this "once a week, only on Wednesdays" rut. Get your minds out of the gutter...I'm talking about blogging. I have so many things that I think would make great (okay, somewhat decent) blogs, but then I forget all about them by the time Wednesday night rolls around. Take for example, two weekends ago...

 I found this really awesome place on the list of 30 free things to do in Baltimore. It's called "The Book Thing" and it is a completely free bookstore!
Yep, you read that right! All the books are absolutely free! The Book Thing was started by a group of teachers who needed more books for their classrooms but had limited budgets. Today it is driven solely by donations and volunteers, and let me tell you, this place was a lot bigger than I expected.

One tiny section of The Book Thing

Me with my new (to me) books. 
 They're mostly French books. Relearning French is one of my life goals (blog post coming soon! about the life goals, not the French. That might take a while)



Public Service Announcement: It is a wonderful idea to have a set of jumper cables in the trunk of your car.  I have used mine at least 15 times. If you don't have a set, then you have to wait around for a good Samaritan (like me and Shane) to help you jump start your car...
...unless you're just out of gas, which turned out to be this lady's real problem.


If you need another sort of help, more of a 'divine intervention,' then I guess you should check out this Hare Krishna festival down at the Inner Harbor. (We didn't actually go to this, because parking was $22. However, we did take lots of pictures while driving by.)




I'm pretty sure that Hare Krishnas are all vegetarians/vegans, so I imagine they must be serving up some pretty tasty roots or leaves or whatever vegans eat for the amount of people who were in line for the "free feast."



 I know virtually nothing about Hare Krishnas (a later Wikipedia search did nothing to help that either, that stuff is really confusing to read about), but I'm guessing reincarnation is part of it, considering that is what most all of the booths were.
One, which I so wish I had a picture of, was called "Your New Body: A Multimedia Experience." 

The more I look at that picture above, the more weird it feels to me. I don't know if it is because I have been staring at it for the past 10 minutes, but it sorta seems like they should have little booths in there to swap you out for a new body right on the spot. Anybody else get that feeling, or am I just going crazy?

Since we're on the theme of Hare Krishnas, whenever someone mentions them (which I'll admit is not often) this is what comes to mind for me...


That seems to be enough rambling for now. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment