Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas and a Wedding!

This year Shane and I were lucky enough to get to go to Tennessee for a whole week for Christmas. And you had better believe we were busy that whole time. So many people to see, so many things to do, so much delicious food to eat! We are so thankful that we got to spend that time with our families, it really wouldn't feel like Christmas without them.

  
Clockwise from top left: 
(1) Shannon testing out one of her gifts 
(2) Debbie and her beautiful necklace from Steve 
(3) Shane with his nieces, Stephanie and Heather 
(4) My mom, Tanya, tickled to death with her new top, in a much smaller size than she's been used to 
(5) Bella in her wedding dress! She kept saying "I'm so pretty" :) 
(6) Aunt Sandy with her new top 
(7) Me and my HELLO KITTY footie pajamas! Yay! Thanks Debbie and Steve! 
(8) Shannon with Shane's game gift, a hillbilly survival kit. It came complete with camo hat, slingshot, and moonshine!
(9) My dad. Can you see the resemblance? See photo #7 
(10) Lucky and his Angry Birds hat. That kid is Angry birds obsessed!
(11) Jason making some delicious scrambled eggs for Christmas breakfast
(12) Me and Hannah! 

It was a wonderful Christmas. I wish I had some more pictures to show you, but I was so busy enjoying time with family that I kept forgetting to take pictures.

Christmas wasn't the only reason why we went home. We also went to see our niece get married on New Year's Eve!
 
My mom has been taking a lot of wedding coordinating classes so she volunteered to do the decorations. I helped her out with that, and it was really fun. We got to use a lot of things from my wedding which was nice because they have just been sitting in a box in the garage for three years. I also did the flowers which I enjoyed. I took a floral arranging class in college and I kept joking that so far, that was the only thing I learned in college that I've used! 

Shane actually came *thisclose* to officiating the wedding. Both the  preacher and the back-up preacher had a death in the family the day before the wedding and said they wouldn't make it. The best thing we could think of was for Shane to perform the wedding and they could make it official with the real preacher the following Tuesday. Debbie rushed Shane to the mall to get a blazer and red tie, so he could look "official", then Shane spent all evening rehearsing the wedding ceremony out of the Methodist hymnal. Thankfully, the back-up preacher showed up and was able to stay long enough to perform the ceremony. Shane still did the unity sand ceremony since we  had spent all morning choosing the perfect speech for him to give during that part. He's thinking about becoming ordained for any future family emergencies ;)

Despite any problems that might have come up before the wedding, the whole day was perfect. Stephanie and Kevin were so happy to be married, and were surrounded by family and friends. Everyone had a great time, and I'm glad we got to be there. 

Congratulations you two :)


P.S. I just want to point out my favorite picture from the wedding (bottom left). I love the way Heather is going after that bouquet!  



I'm going to leave you with this adorable video of Stephanie's daughter Bella dancing with Shannon, my sister-in-law. Notice Lucky's army crawl under the chair haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment