Monday, January 2, 2012

My Life Goals


Each year for the New Year, I make a bunch of silly resolutions that I know I'll never keep, like going to the gym every single day or giving up Dr. Pepper (I think that one lasted 6 hours). This year was a bit different. I went back and forth on what I was going to give up, or what I was going to pledge to do. But really, promising all these things just sets us up for failure, don't you think? Eventually, that cookie is going to win the staring contest and you're going to be pissed you just broke your "only one cookie a day" rule.

I decided to go a different route this time and start a list of life goals. The list isn't definite, I'm sure I'll come back and add a million different things. And there is no due date. I feel like these are all fun things that I will enjoy doing and I want to really take my time, not rush to get them done by an arbitrary deadline.

So without further ado, I present, in no particular order...


My Life Goals

1. Build a birdhouse from scratch. 

2. Drive a manual transmission car on the interstate and in city traffic. 

3. Knit a sweater that is cute, actually fits, and wear it in public. 

4. Watch a French movie without subtitles. 

5. Change a tire. 

6. Wear a bikini to the beach and not worry about how I look. 

7. Make an awesome music video (like this one). 

8. Actually make the wedding scrapbook I promised on our first anniversary. 

9. Learn all the words to an epic rap song. Or just write my own. 

10. Make 100 hats to donate to charity. 

11. Have a YouTube video with 10,000+ views (and I don't even mind if I'm doing something embarrassing in it!)

12. Learn to speak with a convincing British accent. 

13. Be vegan for a month.

14. Get my scuba license. 

15. Shoot a gun. 

16. Perform something, anything, in front of an audience. 

17. Develop my own style of drawing. 

18. Start my own business.

19. Actually give up Dr. Pepper for a while. And no cheating. Seriously, that stuff is diabetes in a can.

20. Dye all of my hair pink.

21. Finally learn how to do a cartwheel. 

22. Run a 5k. And maybe a marathon. 




Now that you've seen my goals, what are some of yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment