Sunday, August 3, 2014

Weekly weigh in + Oh sh*t, we were fat!

To see all past weigh ins, click here. To see my whole weight loss journey, click here.

My progress: I've maintained since last weigh in for a total of 42lbs lost...I'm now at 184lbs.
46.7% of my goal complete!

Shane's progress: He's gained 4lbs since last weigh in for a total of 44lbs lost...he's at 265lbs.
35.2% of his goal complete. 

Shane and I aren't making much progress watching the numbers on the scale move down, but we are making a ton of progress in the gym. Our weight might not reflect it, but our bodies are definitely slimming down as we gain muscle. If you missed it last week, I've gone from someone with the upper body strength of a baby hamster to someone who can do a real pushup x 15! I honestly never thought the day would come when I could do ONE pushup, much less 15 on my first real try. 

It's really funny how things work out sometime. Shane and I both kind of independently had an "oh sh*t, I was SO fat!" moment today. Mine came when a friend commented on an old facebook picture today. It was actually one of the pictures from my very first weight loss post but I hadn't looked at it in months and was absolutely shocked. The picture in question is from September 2011 and I honestly don't know how much I weighed at this point other than it was somewhere near 200 and it WASN'T my highest weight. Here is a side-by-side comparison of me from 2011 and me from today. 


Shane's moment came from logging into his MyFitnessPal account on his computer for the first time in a long time rather than on his phone. When he saw his profile picture, which he took around January at the beginning of our weight loss, his jaw almost hit the floor. I had to take the after picture just to show him how different he looked from the before picture. 


We both have a long way to go, but I am so proud of us for sticking with it this far. I can't believe the amazing changes we've made so far in ourselves. I can hardly believe this part myself but we've even started working out at 6 am like crazy people instead of waiting until we come home from work, and it feels amazing. I've never been a morning person but I think I may convert because working out just gets me pumped up and ready for the day. I am actually disappointed when I have to leave the gym and go to work because I get so much energy I just wanna stay and lift weights all day. Plus now when we get home from work, we actually have time to cook dinner, clean, grocery shop, do laundry, all that fun stuff, instead of waiting until the weekend. 

If you're reading this right now and you want to make a lifestyle change like we have, the best time to start is now. Don't wait until next week or next month, just do it now. I'm not saying you have to try and kick a food addiction cold turkey or start working out two hours a day...but maybe tell yourself you'll only drink ONE soda today, or walk around the block after dinner instead of sitting right down to watch tv. My only regret in all of this is that we waited so long to take charge of our bodies and our lives. To quote Drake and The Lonely Island, "YOLO."  You might as well enjoy the body you've got while you've got it! So what are you waiting for? 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment