Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My long weekend, in pictures

Here are a few random photos from what happened this weekend in Knoxville.

I got creeped out by hundreds of dolls while visiting my step-grandmother Marie for the first time in 18 years, since my Papaw died. My mom has put off visiting for a long time, but we finally went. She was even able to get some pictures from when she was younger and some pictures of my Papaw, neither of which she had many of. 



We went to a some estate sales and the flea market, which is where I saw this Slap Chop impersonator. He even had a microphone headset. 



We got to share some great meals with family. This was from Sunday night when we went to Kanpai. The chef made our rice into Hello Kitty! (this was before he noticed that I was actually wearing a Hello Kitty shirt under my jacket)




Shane went from this...
...to this. 
He'll probably kill me for putting these pictures on here, but I think they're funny. Plus they show you that he is sometimes incapable of taking a picture without making a silly face.



And we rode in the car for a really long time. 




This is by no means everything we did this weekend, but those other times I was too busy enjoying myself to pull out my camera. I am glad that we got to see everybody. Even though it has just been since Christmas when I saw them last, it feels like a lot longer! I can't wait until we get to go back to Tennessee for another visit, hopefully really soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment