Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Short attention + craft supplies...wait what was I talking about?

To say that I have a short attention span is an exaggeration. I don't know what my problem is, but nothing can hold my attention for long...unless it is something that really really interests me.

This can be a problem when you have a whole room sort of dedicated to crafting/hobbies. I have so many supplies, yet rarely get anything finished. I can actually get past the tough part, of a project, it's the little "finishing touches" that escape me...dooming a project to sit around unfinished forever.



Take for example, this purse I was making...
...still a pile of fabric. Although, to me, cutting out the pieces is the hardest part! I absolutely hate pinning the fabric to the pattern and trying to cut it out just right. 



Stuffed turtle (eventually)
I really just have to put all the pieces together and sew on some eyes and this little guy will be good to go! My sister has a stuffed rabbit at home that I made her, and that poor little rabbit is in about the same condition.



Sitting in a basket waiting to be photographed and listed on Etsy. 






I would say I finish about 1 of every 10 craft projects that I start. This time, it was a cross stitch. I don't know why or where the idea came from, it just got stuck in my head and I knew I just had to finish it. 

...

...

...(warning: potentially offensive language)...

...

...

...

...

...


No I don't know why I had the urge to make this either. I have stared at this for so long, I can't decide if I think it's awesomesauce or total garbage. And yes, I know the top row looks off-center. I swear that it's not (doesn't mean it doesn't bother me though lol).





You would think this total lack of focus for crafting would bother me. But you know what? I don't really mind. Sure, Shane might hate little bits of yarn and pieces of fabric all over the house, but I always remind myself, "it could be worse!" 

I could be making a dress that looks like this: 



Or snowglobes using god-knows-what!




Disclaimer: I realize that different types of people like different types of clothing. While I find that dress completely hideous, someone else obviously thinks it's gorgeous (or they wouldn't have made it!). Other things, like urine snowglobes, are completely unacceptable. And offering instructions to the masses to make said snowglobes, well that's strike 2.

2 comments:

  1. Dude i need that gangster thing in my house!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need picture frames! How much?

    love your blogs

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete