Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My newest venture

Since I moved to Baltimore, I have only made three things: a bracelet that took 2 minutes to make, a bag that I used once, and I knit a hat that is too big for my head. Actually, I take that back. I have made three and a half things, because I have all the pieces cut out for a purse, but never sewed them together. And if you know me, you will know that this is actually a pretty high rate of return for me. This is probably more things completed in two months than I did all last year. Considering that I have a whole dining room full of craft supplies, I decided it was time that I use them for good (potentially make money) and not evil (multiply without abandon until I drown in balls of yarn and spools of thread).

So onto my original purpose for this post, here is my newest crafty endeavor. Cute, custom picture frames. I started with the sorority frames (because I know how hard it is to find cute sorority gifts on the cheap!), and have come up with a bunch of other ideas already.




 This one I love, it's for a friend's one year old, who is having a Minnie Mouse themed birthday party this weekend.

So what do you think? I am thinking of making a bunch of these and listing them on Etsy. What would you like to see on a frame? And how much would you pay for something like this? All input is appreciated :)






And while I'm still thinking about that hat...
Hmm, reminds me of something...




 Oh yeah. That's it.
Oh well, at least mine matches my jacket.

1 comment:

  1. i randomly came across your blog and was super excited.
    I'm in Alpha Sigma Tau and I make frames as gifts for my sisters EXACTLY like the ones you posted :]
    They really are great gifts and all my sisters love them!
    They are much cuter than the ones that cost 10 dollars and up online or at greek stores, so 10 a piece would be a good price. I don't know how much your supplies are but mine never take over $2 a frame.
    Anyway, I just wanted to leave some input!

    oh yeah, and my name is Lauren too! ;]

    ReplyDelete