Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Early St. Patrick's Day!


This weekend was the annual St. Patrick's Day parade, which is something that has been going on in Baltimore for more than 50 years. This year, Shane got to march in the parade! I love parades, so I was excited to have an excuse to go see it. I think most people went just so they could get drunk on Guinness at 2pm on a Sunday. A good time was had by all.


Anyways, I put together a little video from the parade. I actually had to cut out a lot, the parade lasted for almost 2 hours!  They had a lot of different chapters of the Ancient Order of Hibernians, which I learned is a fraternal organization of people of Irish Catholic descent. There were about a zillion more bagpipe groups too, but I figured one was probably enough :) The craziest thing was that they didn't completely close off the roads, they had to keep stopping at intersections to let traffic cross.

I hope this gets you in the St. Patrick's Day spirit!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment