Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lea and Craig tie the knot :)

I met Lea last fall when I was going through a particularly rough time (Shane being in Maryland, and me getting ready to move there too). She was in a bit of a transition too, having just moved back to Cookeville. And even though we only knew each other a short time, I am glad to count her as one of my best friends (see here and here for examples of our crazy adventures together. Yes, I am dressed as a man in that first one. And no, we didn't know those people in picture #2). 

Anyways, when she asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding, of course I said yes! 



The bridal party after the ceremony.
But wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. Everyone knows you can't have a wedding without a rehearsal!  





I love the look on Craig's face!
 Right after the preacher, Lea's uncle, gave them some advice on a happy marriage and pronounced them (rehearsal) husband and wife.





 And let's talk about this wedding venue! It was held at Camp Discovery in Jackson Co., Tennessee. Who wouldn't want that gorgeous lake as a backdrop to their wedding?
 

Of course, you can't get married without having a little bit of fun first! Lea and I hadn't planned to go out the night before the wedding, but somehow we ended up singing karaoke at the Clarion Inn.
 In case you're interested, we sang "Push It" by Salt-n-Pepa. We were kinda worried because we didn't really know the words or how the song went, but that wasn't a problem because: 1. it was karaoke, they put the words up on the screen. 2. the only words in the song are "push it."


 We even saw one of Lea's friends, and made some new ones in the process. 




 Now down to business! The wedding was held at 6pm on Saturday, August 20th. The weather was perfect for an early evening wedding. The theme was sunflowers and peacocks, which was reflected in the colors and decorations. And it was beautiful!


 So picturesque.
Wedding arch, with unity sand table on the left. 



The anxious groom with his best man and brother, Joel.




 Bridesmaids and Man of Honor (Lea's cousin and best friend).



And of course, the kiss!



 Husband and wife.


This one is really blurry, but the look on both of their faces is adorable. You can tell that they are both so happy, and that Lea is glad all her planning and hard work has paid off! 

 Following the fashion of the recent royal wedding, Lea asked for all the women in attendance to wear a hat. Well, here is the hat her dad pulled out for pictures!

The bride's cake.
Adorable and tasty :)


Groom's cake.


Having some fun with the bubbles.


The dance floor outside.





And unfortunately my camera battery freaked out and died on me. Too bad because there were a lot more things I wanted to take pictures of! I only had enough battery left for one picture, so we made that one count...



Lea and Craig, thank you so much for letting us join in on your special day. Shane and I wish you the best of luck and lots of love. We can't wait to make it down to Tennessee again to visit!




Oh and p.s., there are a few more pictures over on my Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment