Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hey look! I finished a project!

So as you may recall from this post, I don't have the best track record with starting projects and actually finishing them. In fact, most projects are probably 99.9% done, but just need that one last thread clipped or button sewn on to be "complete."

But check this out! A little while ago, Shane's sister Shannon told us that our nephew Lucky had his first loose tooth, and asked could I make a tooth fairy pillow. Well of course I said yes!

 Take 1:

After about an hour at Joann's browsing fabric, another hour browsing the internet looking for cute tooth fairy pillow ideas, and lots of procrastination, I had it. I came up with the cutest idea ever. I came home and sketched out my idea and said "this will be perfect." Then after a week or so of procrastination I finally started on it. Let's just say that some ideas are better in theory than in practice, and there may be a half-finished plush lime green tooth sitting on the sewing table.

Take 2:

Sometimes it takes a bad idea to come up with a great one. I need to remember that sometimes simple is better, and looks cuter!

 I had all this denim fabric laying around, so this was a good chance for me to use up a little bit of it. And I just love the way the tooth's little smile turned out! Adorable.





 
And of course I had to add his name in the back, in his favorite color. 




Showing off his mad money-holding skills...

No comments:

Post a Comment