Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekly weigh in

To see all past weigh ins, click here. To see my whole weight loss journey, click here.

Shane and I spent the past weekend in Knoxville visiting our families for Mother's Day. We had a great time and we spent Sunday at Dollywood with both moms (post coming on that later). Of course, with any theme park comes JUNK FOOD. We tried to be strong, and we failed. A giant slice of pizza, chicken tenders, french fries, some chocolate chip cookie, and freshly baked cinnamon bread all made an appearance throughout the day. The worst part was the drive home though...after nine hours at the park, I drank a Dr. Pepper to make it through the 3+ hour drive home. All clouds do have a silver lining though, because although it was my first Dr. Pepper in months (which I used to be totally hooked on), it just tasted way sugary and not very good. Thankfully we're still doing okay weigh-in-wise, I'm thinking it must've been all the walking. 

My progress: I've lost 1lb since last week for a total of 29lbs lost...I'm now at 197lbs.

32.2% of my goal complete. 

Shane's progress: He's lost 4lbs since last week for a total of 37lbs lost...he's at 272lbs.
29.6% of his goal complete. 


Don't worry, I definitely don't plan on having another Dr. Pepper anytime soon. I don't really want any of that other junk anymore either. Eating healthier has made me notice how nice I feel when I eat healthier, and I really do feel crappy when I eat crappy food. Shane feels the same way. This just reaffirms that we're on the right path, and I really think we'll be able to stick with a lot of these changes we're making long-term. That's not to say I'll never eat a slice of pizza or a french fry again, but always in moderation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment