Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekly weigh in

To see all past weigh ins, click here. To see my whole weight loss journey, click here.

We've just been trucking along with the weight loss, and it's going well!

My progress: I've lost 3lbs since last week for a total of 32lbs lost...I'm now at 194lbs.
35.6% of my goal complete. 

Shane's progress: He's lost 4lbs since last week for a total of 41lbs lost...he's at 268lbs.
32.8% of his goal complete. 


Honestly I think most of my weight loss this week is water weight loss from not hydrating as much as I normally do over the weekend. We were in the car all day on Saturday so I didn't drink hardly any water so we wouldn't have to stop for a zillion rest stops. Granted, I still drank a few normal-sized bottles worth, but that's a lot less than normal. And then yesterday, we ran out of water in our big water cooler. I'm looking forward to getting back on track with my water consumption...I have not felt great being underhydrated. I can tell a difference in my skin, especially my face, and my throat feels so dried out when I wake up in the mornings. 

I am especially proud of Shane this week because in the picture above, he had just finished running six miles. You read that right, SIX MILES! He's halfway to a half marathon and I am so proud. The furthest he had run before that was four miles, which is still a crazy long distance to me. I don't see how he does it, I'm jealous! I'm still at the point where I can run max about 30 minutes/1.5 mile on a good day. He is doing a special half marathon training plan to be ready to run one sometime in the fall. If he keeps going at this pace, he'll have no trouble. 

Check back next week for another weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment