Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekly weigh in

I've been slacking off on this, but don't worry...I'm back! 

To see all past weigh ins, click here. To see my whole weight loss journey, click here.

My progress: I've lost 2lbs since last weigh in for a total of 34lbs lost...I'm now at 192lbs.
37.7% of my goal complete. 

Shane's progress: He's gained 1lb since last weigh in for a total of 40lbs lost...he's at 269lbs.
32% of his goal complete. 

We've been bad and got way off track with our workouts, and thus way off track with our food. Plans with friends and family just made it too hard to stick to our workout schedule. I'm really hoping that we will soon be able to get our workouts going for the mornings, at least the running portion, because that would be awesome. I would LOVE to become a morning person. 

Although we haven't been doing too great on our diet in the past week or so, we're still seeing differences in our clothes for sure. I have so many clothes in my closet that I haven't been able to wear in months or even years that are now fitting just fine, or I'll be able to fit in them in just a few weeks or so. That is the part that is so CRAZY to me. I don't feel like I've really gotten smaller, but you can definitely tell in my clothes! My "fat" capri pants from last summer now fall to my ankles. The fancy sports bra that took both me and Shane to squeeze me into when I bought it a month ago, well I wore it to the gym the other day.   


I always kept my smaller clothes for that one day far off in the future when I would finally lose weight, and now I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe and I didn't even need to go shopping! I went through everything in my closet yesterday and pulled out a lot of things that are now way too BIG instead of being way too SMALL!!! It was much needed too, the work shirts I've been wearing since January started looking like I was wearing trash bags or a potato sack or something. 

I also really want to pat myself on the back for this next bit...I've conquered my biggest gym fear...the pullup/dip machine! I'm not scared of the actual exercise but how high up you are when you're on it. I was the kid who cried when I climbed up to the top of the bunk bed and then couldn't get down and I never really got over that, so being about three feet off the ground really freaked me out. The first two times I tried the machine, I got to the first step, tried the second step, and then got right back down. The next few times I made Shane stand right behind the machine while I was on. Once he walked away without me knowing and I got sooooo mad. Now I can get on and off the machine (and do pullups & dips!) without any adult supervision. 


I'm so close to 190lbs I can taste it! Check back next week to see if I have kept up the progress :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment