Monday, June 16, 2014

Weekly weigh in

To see all past weigh ins, click here. To see my whole weight loss journey, click here.

My progress: I've lost 1lb since last week in for a total of 35lbs lost...I'm now at 191lbs.
38.9% of my goal complete. 

Shane's progress: He's gained 2lbs since last week in for a total of 41lbs lost...he's at 268lbs.
32.8% of his goal complete. 


We're soooo close to our first 5k of the summer, just a few more days until the Color Me Rad 5k on Sunday! Shane hasn't been running for nearly a week because his Achilles has been acting up and really bothering him. He's hoping that resting before the race will help him make it through. I'm hoping that the race will jumpstart my efforts and really kick my butt back in gear! Shane and I are just doing okay...we're mostly still losing, but we've gotten lazy. It would be awesome if I could meet my weight loss goal by the end of the year, but I'm going to really have to work for it! 

We spent the weekend in Knoxville for Father's Day. I was proud of myself because I stayed away from my in-laws' pantry full of snack food, except for one small handful of Cheez Its. I used to be addicted to those things, and Shane and I could go through a big box in just a day or two. After the one handful, I realized they didn't even taste that great to me anymore. We did good too, we packed our workout clothes and went for a quick workout at the Knoxville YMCA on Saturday morning. It's not always easy to stay active but I definitely feel better after a workout. 

I did have an awesome surprise this weekend. Shane and I went to Old Navy because they were having a big sale on workout clothes, and what do you know they were also doing 50% off on shorts. I tried on a pair in my usual size (14) and they were WAY TOO BIG! I started off this year wearing a 16 but probably needing an 18 most days. Now I own a pair of size 12 shorts...and they fit! I bought a few (size large) tank tops too because they were cute, on sale, and I didn't feel embarrassed of my arms when I put them on. While I love my new shorts and tank tops, I wanna keep going and see just how awesome I feel when they're way too big :)

And just because I want to brag on her...I got to go visit my sister at her brand new first salon job ever! Yay! She's been doing my hair for a while now because I'm always happy to be her guinea pig, but it was so nice to have her cut my hair in a salon rather than my parents' bathroom. She seems like she's really enjoying her job too, which is great. They stay really busy because they're in a shopping center right next to a Starbucks and a Salsarita's, so she's going to get tons and tons of practice. 


I'm off to get a good night's sleep for work tomorrow, and am looking forward to a big workout and run tomorrow night. Cross your fingers for me, because with this race looming, if there was a time for me to twist an ankle, you know it'll be now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment