Saturday, January 15, 2011


Last week was my birthday, so Shane wanted to take me to do something fun. I decided on going to the Baltimore Museum of Art for their Andy Warhol show. Well, the museum closes super early on weekdays. Then I decided on the Aquarium. Guess what else closes early on a Thursday? We ended up just going to dinner and a movie and left the others for that Saturday. 

Going down into the city, we took the Light Rail. There weren't any stops close to the museum, so we just picked the one that looked the closest, and said we could take the bus from there. When we got off the light rail, I got the bright idea that maybe we should just walk instead. I looked at the map and it didn't look too far, plus it was pretty much a straight shot from where we were. A good 30-45 minutes later (I didn't check the scale on the map, ok? not my fault) we finally made it to the museum. We were both frozen head to toe and so thankful to be inside. Honestly, sometimes I think I need a full snowsuit to walk around outside here. 

After the museum we headed down to the Aquarium. We went to the bus stop this time, we weren't going to walk all the way to the harbor. We waited...and waited...and waited. When the bus was 20 minutes late, we decided to just go ahead and start walking. Thank goodness the bus met up with us at the next stop! 

The harbor area was really nice, we went into a few of the shops they have down there. They are mostly for tourists, so if you ever need to buy one of these... you know where to go. We also saw the fudge shop where Sisqo was discovered (yes, the one who sang the Thong Song). I was most excited just to get something to eat, I was starving! 

Next we went to the Aquarium. It was really neat! A lot of it reminded me of the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga. I am glad that Debbie and Steve (a.k.a. Shane's parents) got us passes so we can go back a lot!

And just because...

1 comment:

  1. penguins! and thongs? well that is a combination.