Thursday, March 20, 2014

#16: An exercise in team building

A little while ago, my company's owners decided to buy all the support staff gift cards so we could go out to Carabba's together. It took a bit of coordination, but we finally made it!

Since we were all meeting in Green Hills, it took a little while for Amanda, Rachel and Gwen to drive over from Brentwood. I had left early to take the mail and met up with Lindsey and Amy right as they were closing up at Green Hills. They realized that the Japanese restaurant across the street had a 2 for 1 ladies' happy hour, so we popped by for a quick drink...or two. We had asked to sit on the patio (we were the only ones out there) and either the waitress thought we were going to town on our drinks or she thought we'd drink and dash because she peeked out the curtains at us about every two minutes. 



My carpool buddies Amy and LIndsey
on our way to dinner.

Amanda and Rachel finally made it through the traffic and we got to meet up for dinner. I've never been to a Carabba's before but the food was very good. For the first time in keeping with my weight loss goals, I actually planned out what I wanted to eat and chose from the low calorie menu. The wood grilled chicken did not disappoint!


This was the first time we've all been able to get together EVER. Lindsey and Amanda had never even met before tonight, although they've talked on the phone a lot. It was nice to spend time together and enjoy each others' company while we're not dealing with crazy people or stressed over a rush project. 


Amy and Gwen, right before Amy said
"You'd better not put this on your blog!" Sorry Amy :)
Rachel and Amanda

Before we left, we decided we needed a group shot, so I attempted an Ellen selfie. She must have really long arms, because it's harder than it looks. 

Amy, me, Amanda, Lindsey, Rachel and Gwen

We had a great time and I hope we all get together again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment