Saturday, March 8, 2014

#4: Sushi-tastic

Tonight we went out for dinner at Bodeli Sushi in Cool Springs with our friends Faith and Kalis. It was my first time at a rotating sushi bar, and it definitely turned out to be an adventure. 

This was our chef. He made all of the rolls right in front of us, which was really neat.


I ordered my usual vegetarian roll, yum! I had already eaten five pieces before I took this picture.


Next were the spring rolls:


I got some chicken fried rice as well...that and veggie roll is my usual. I ate about two bites before the chef started making us all sorts of crazy rolls and it got pretty intense.


I don't know what kind some of these are because he would just make them and hand us a plate.

Had two of this jalepeno roll: 


One of this Angela roll:


One of this kind with the lemon, which was really interesting.


Shane ate all of these salmon things (along with all the other pieces I didn't eat, these plates were only ours, he made a plate for for each couple):


Ate one of the crunchy shrimp:


And one of the red ones of whatever this was (this was the only plate we all shared): 


Kalis had ordered these ice cream balls before the sushi flood gates opened. They were wrapped in rice cakes? according to our chef. I shared a mango one with Faith. 


By the end we were all ready to explode. We walked out of there with a few takeout boxes of rice and sushi. 

It was all really good, honestly I didn't eat anything I didn't like. And this is coming from a person who doesn't eat fish and has never eaten anything other than a veggie roll. I'm really proud of both Shane and myself for trying so many new things. 

If you're ever in the Cool Springs area, definitely check out Bodeli. You might want to fast for a few days beforehand though...

No comments:

Post a Comment