Tuesday, March 18, 2014

#14: What a nightmare

Zombies have permeated every corner of recent pop culture. I am no stranger to the undead. I watch The Walking Dead, love the movie Zombieland, I've run in a zombie 5k, gone to a zombie prom...


...dressed as a zombie, of course...


...I even made myself into one of those scary Walking Dead zombies with the Dead Yourself app. 


While I have immersed myself in zombie culture, it has come back to bite me in the ass. Last night I had a terrifying dream where I was trapped in a house with talking zombies (and not nice ones like on Warm Bodies) and I couldn't kill them. I tried and tried but couldn't get the upper hand. I barricaded myself in a back room and had no hope for escape. 

Lately I've been having a lot more scary dreams, mostly in the mornings when I wake up at 4 or 5 a.m. and fall back asleep. I'm glad I'm not having those sleep paralysis dreams anymore because that would be way too much to handle. These dreams have been giving me a really hard time to get rest at night though, when I'm tossing and turning and trying to avoid being eaten.  

I don't know why it's happening all of a sudden, because I haven't watched anything particularly scary lately. The Walking Dead doesn't scare me (at least I didn't think so) because most of the people they meet are more horrible than the zombies. Other than the more tame zombie stuff, I'm terrified of all other scary movies and stay far far away. I haven't even played Left 4 Dead in like a year. If I had nightmares after playing that, it would make sense. 

Dream-me is going to have to go into some serious survivalist training or something,  and maybe make friends with Daryl and Michonne, because they can take care of business, and I have just got to get some sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment