Sunday, March 30, 2014

#26: Weekly weigh in

To see all past weigh ins, click here. To see my whole weight loss journey, click here


Wow, is it already time for another weigh in? This weekend I made some poor eating choices, which I'm sure will be reflected in next week's weigh in, but as for this week, we're still doing good. 

My progress: I've lost 5lbs since last week for a total of 20lbs lost...I'm now at 206lbs.
22.2% of my goal complete. 

Shane's progress: He's lost 5lbs since last week for a total of 25lbs lost...he's at 284lbs.
20.2% of his goal complete. 


We have been hitting the gym which has helped out a lot both in burning calories and also giving us an energy boost. Before we started working out, we felt sluggish all day, especially after work. Now we come home from work and change right into our workout clothes, and the exercise keeps us pumped up until bedtime. I'd love to be able to wake up early and get our workout done before work to reap the benefits all day. 

Our workouts thus far have been pretty basic. Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday we run, followed by crunches, (attempted) pushups, and some other ab exercises. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday we've been going to the Y and using their weight machines. We're focusing on one body part (i.e. arms) on three or four machines per day until we get more comfortable with the machines and then we'll expand a bit. Shane has been watching YouTube videos to make sure that we have the proper form as well, like keeping your elbows in line or making sure you set the machine to your size properly. 

I also really want to start taking full body progress pictures. While my tshirts are feeling looser and my work pants are more roomy, I just don't know that I feel like I've lost 20 pounds yet. I am hoping that progress pictures will keep me motivated and give me a good visual of all my hard work so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment