Friday, March 21, 2014

#17: Charlie and Sheldon

It seems like it's been a really long time since I've included Charlie and  Sheldon in a post, so I thought I'd dedicate a whole post just to them!


I feel so lucky to have such adorable dogs in my life. They keep us entertained morning, noon and night. It is so fun to come home from work every day and have them so excited just to see me. It makes me feel so important and loved, and it's such a sweet feeling. Charlie is definitely Shane's baby and Sheldon is mine. You should see when Sheldon gets upset and scared of something, he starts barking and climbs me like a tree. If I'm sitting on the couch or laying in bed, he gets right up next to my head and sits his butt on my shoulder like a little parrot. 

Sheldon's go-to spot when he gets scared.
While we're at home spending time with them, they tend to go between two extremes: 1) super perky and playful or 2) exhausted and cuddly. My computer is filled with adorable pictures of them curled up on the couch and buried under blankets. Charlie's current favorite spot to hang out is on top of Shane's chest while he's laying on the couch. Precious. His second favorite spot is anywhere else as close to Shane as he can get. 

A common view around here. 
They do some goofy stuff, too. Now that we have all hardwood floor in our house, they have started getting really scared when they hop onto the couch, and they absolutely won't hop onto the bed because their paws slip and slide. One of the funniest things I think they've done lately was right at Christmas time. I had bought a bunch of stuff online and they sent it in a gigantic box. Of course, I had to see how Charlie and Sheldon would deal with being in the box. 


Turns out, not well. They took turns in the box while I called their names and tried to get them to hop out. Sheldon just resigned himself to permanent capture and decided to sit. Charlie looked around all distraught looking for Shane to come rescue him. Shane wasn't home at the time, but when he came home later I tried to show him. Naturally, when Shane got home, Charlie had to show off his big boy skills and hop right out of the box. 

You should've seen them when we bought the baby pool last summer. Sheldon wouldn't even get near it, and Charlie stood there like a bump on a pickle. Not quite the cute, splashing doggie pool party I pictured in the Walmart checkout line. 


They're pretty crazy, but so are we. And they put up with our craziness. We're perfect for each other. 

Looking like the cast of Mad Men.





No comments:

Post a Comment