Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Day 12: Hopping right into spring!

Spring is here! Not just because it's March and not just because it was actually nice today. Don't worry, it's going to snow tomorrow...

We have baby bunnies! Sheldon was the one to discover the nest in our back yard flower bed. Shane noticed he was really transfixed by this one patch of grass, and upon further investigation, realized there is a whole nest of bunnies in there! We're now careful to watch the dogs when they go out. Shane also moved the nest covering back so they'd stay nice and cozy in there. 

It's kinda hard to see what's going on in the picture, so I've gone ahead and pointed out the cute parts for you :)


It may seem crazy, but now I can't stop worrying about those little baby bunnies. I'm hoping we didn't disturb the nest too much. I did read somewhere that you could put baking powder around the nest at night and look for prints in the morning to see if the mom has come to check on them. I may have to do that just to be on the safe side. 

I keep envisioning scenarios where I get to take them in, make them a nest in a cardboard box, feed them from a bottle while holding them wrapped in a blanket, that sort of thing. I really don't wish for that though, I'm sure their mommy checks on them often! Who wouldn't want to check on babies that cute? Hopefully in a couple of weeks, we'll even get to see mom and a pile of fluffballs hopping across the yard :)

In the meantime, I'll just have to keep googling pictures of wild baby bunnies...



No comments:

Post a Comment