Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Day 13: Wednesday weigh in



To see all past weigh ins, click here. To see our whole weight loss journey, click here.

This week has been a rough one due to the fact that I got my wisdom teeth out on Friday. Besides spending the weekend in a Vicodin haze, it totally screwed up my food and fitness plan. Did you know that you're not really supposed to exert yourself or lift anything heavy for like a week after a tooth extraction? Dry socket is serious business.

I made it through Monday by doing the elliptical for 30 minutes plus a just few weightlifting things. Don't worry, I went way down in weight and only benched 65lbs instead of the 80lbs I was supposed to be doing. Although I have pushed it a little bit, and so far so good, I was still too nervous to take any of the classes at the gym like I'd planned. 

I did my first YMCA group class last Wednesday. I was invited by my friends Haley and Becca and I'm so glad they asked me to tag along :) I've always been intimidated by the classes at our gym because they look so intense. I wasn't wrong! Boxing was really tough, and the teacher didn't stop for the whole hour. By the end we were all thoroughly exhausted, and I had a sweat towel full of purple hair dye. 


Hopefully I'll feel more confident in my recovery and will be able to catch some classes next week. There's a great variety at the Y, and I think it's going to be a good way for me to shake up my routine and get out of the slump. 

Now here's what you all came for...

My progress: I have lost 2lbs since last weigh in for a total of 43lbs lost.
I'm now at 183lbs.
47.7% of my goal complete!

Shane's progress: He has gained 3lbs since last weigh in for a total of 38lbs.
He's at 271lbs.
30.8% of his goal complete. 

I honestly think I caught a lucky break when I had to step on the scale this morning, I have no idea how I managed to lose 2lbs. And I take all the blame for Shane's gains this week. If I had better willpower, my sore mouth foods would be stuff like applesauce and oatmeal, but instead it was a lot of mashed potatoes, chocolate pudding, jello, and frozen yogurt. And if I get to eat it, it's only fair that he does too! 

It'll be interesting to see our numbers next week as we've got plans for pizza with family on Friday and a wedding on Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment