Sunday, March 1, 2015

Day 10: Charlie and Sheldon

One of those famous writers once said, "when your blog is due and you're not sure what to write about, just put up pictures of your dogs." I think it was Shakespeare. I hear he had a similar process while writing King Lear. 

Anyways, I'm following his advice. Here's some photo evidence of just how adorable my dogs have been lately. 


I took this picture to send to Shane while he was away on a business trip. Of course Shane and I both love Charlie and Sheldon equally, but Charlie is definitely a daddy's boy and Sheldon is mine. Charlie cuddles on the couch with Shane all the time, and when Shane's been gone for a couple of days, Charlie gets lonely enough to snuggle with me instead. 

Sheldon is a precious couch snuggler too. In this picture, he was jealous that I was paying attention to Charlie instead of him, so he gave me the sad puppy face. He's good at that one. 


Sheldon's a frantic nest builder. It takes him around 5 minutes of scratching to get the couch blankie fluffed to his liking. 

Charlie and Sheldon don't snuggle often, but when they do, it's the most adorable thing you've ever seen. Here's a picture of them accidentally sleeping so close they touched. 


Sheldon also magically knows right when you're about to take a picture of him, so he opens his eyes, or closes them, licks his lips, moves his head, something. 

You know how I dyed my hair pink? Of course Sheldon had to match! I wanted to do his whole curly tail, but figured an ear would be good enough to start out with. I did it at the worst possible time too...Shane was on a business phone call, and here I am, hands in gloves covered with pink dye and a dog with a wet pink ear, which he would not let me rinse out in the sink. He was sitting on the bed and I couldn't figure out how to pick him up without getting pink everywhere. Somehow I managed to wrangle him to the tub. I'm so thankful for detachable shower heads. 


Isn't he so cute? Next up we've got a picture of a typical Netflix/Hulu night at our house. Our dogs have several different nap spots picked out on the couch. On top of that one cushion is a popular one. 


This is as close to snuggling as they normally get. Remember how I was telling you how Charlie snuggles with Shane all the time? Here's how they normally cuddle. It's so cute it breaks my heart. 


I'm thankful for these little guys! They're so entertaining and they definitely make our lives more worthwhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment