Saturday, April 5, 2014

#31: NSV! (non-scale victory)

NSV (non-scale victory) is a term used online to describe a weight loss victory that is not just the number on a scale, rather something you are now able to do, etc., that you couldn't before.

My mom got me a shirt for my birthday in January and it just straight-up didn't fit. It's a size XL from the juniors section at Target and nothing about it worked. I looked like a stuffed sausage when I tried it on and the sleeves were just way too tight. I didn't take it back or exchange it though, just put it in my "someday when I'm skinnier" clothes pile. 

Last night I was looking for something to wear to dinner and picked up the shirt, and guess what, it fit!! The sleeves were perfect (a smidge short but you can't have everything) and the body of the shirt was even a bit loose like it's supposed to be for this style. 


It's a small victory but oh so awesome. Saying I've lost 20ish pounds sounds like a lot but it's been hard for me to see any real noticeable change. It's nice to see changes in my clothes though...my pants fit just right straight out of the dryer and I don't have to squeeze into them...tshirts I used to stretch out before wearing are starting to look roomy...even the dress I wore to Founders Day was a bit baggy when I wore it. 

It's not quite time to go shopping for a new wardrobe just yet, but I'm excited to add old favorites back into circulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment