Sunday, April 20, 2014

Weekly weigh in

To see all past weigh ins, click here. To see my whole weight loss journey, click here.

This weekend was truly a test on ourselves and our willpower. Easter weekend for most people means an overabundance of chocolate bunnies, home cooked food, desserts of all shapes and sizes, and anything they might've given up for Lent. 

While I didn't even bother tracking my calories today (who really knows how I'd put in my sister-in-law's delicious hashbrown casserole or the chicken we had at my Mimi's  house?) I did try my best to watch what I ate and not go overboard. The car ride back home to Nashville seemed to take about ten hours instead of three though, so I did have to load up on candy to stay awake at the wheel. 

My progress: I've gained 1lb since last week for a total of 23lbs lost...I'm now at 203lbs.
25.6% of my goal complete. 

Shane's progress: He's lost 2lbs since last week for a total of 31lbs lost...he's at 278lbs.
24.8% of his goal complete. 



You might be asking yourself "If she gained, why is she still giving this week a thumbs up?" Two reasons:
1) Even though we were in Knoxville for three days, we still kept with our exercise routine. We went running twice in the neighborhood, and we went to do our weightlifting routine at the gym with my sister-in-law (not the one who made the hashbrowns, a different one). 
2) I cheated and weighed myself Thursday night before we left and I already weighed 203 then, so the added pound wasn't from the weekend. I'm sure once all the chocolate calories process the number will probably creep up again, but hopefully being at home and on track with my eating this week will help balance it out. 
One last word of advice before I hit the hay...be sure to check the nutritional facts before pigging out on any leftover chocolate bunnies. While the big label on the front might say "300 calories per serving"...you might just find that one serving is the size of that bunny's little cotton tail.



No comments:

Post a Comment