Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Earth Day, y'all!

Earth Day is a great opportunity to help delay our planet from becoming the trash filled one on Wall-E, but of course we don't have to keep our planet-saving activities limited to only one day! It's a good idea to take opportunities when you see them, like Shane and I did the other day. 

We went for a run over Easter weekend at my in-laws' neighborhood track, and boy oh boy, somebody got bit by the litterbug at the playground area. This was only the tip of the iceberg but we grabbed all we could carry with our bare hands, and every little bit helps. I even got really muddy (if you read this post then you already know that freaks me out) when the boggy mud sucked my shoe right off. Eew. Don't fear, I did survive. 


Every little bit really does help, so the next time you're out walking around and see trash laying around, do the world a favor and pick it up. Mother Earth will be very thankful :)

1 comment:

  1. When lucky was younger he and I would walk around his neighborhood looking for litter bugs. Each time we saw a piece of trash Lucky would say, " the litter bug has been here" we would pick up all the litter bugs trash and take it to his trash can to wait for the trash man to pick up. It is never too early to teach your kids that trash belongs in trash cans not on the side of the road or on playgrounds!

    ReplyDelete