Thursday, April 10, 2014

#35: Are you afraid of the dark?

Normally my (somewhat) fear of the dark is reserved for home, when I have to make a quick run downstairs in the middle of the night or if I have to take the dogs out when it's really late. We have a creek and some woods behind our house, so it's a tad creepy. It's not by any means a huge fear, I just sometimes feel like someone is hiding or watching me and I can't see them, which I think is a reasonable thing to get creeped by. 


Lately though I've been getting really nervous around the office when I'm opening up in the mornings. Our second floor has no windows in the hallways and the lights are all off (except for the exit signs) when I come in. If I go up my preferred staircase (more convenient to my routine), the light switch is all the way at the other end of the hall. Worse, I have to make a couple stops along the way, opening up pitch dark conference rooms. 

A little background...my office has a lot of smaller offices in it, and all these people have keys and can pretty much come and go as they please. 

Anyways, every time I have to open up the conference room and walk INTO the room to turn on the lights, I feel like I'm walking right into a horror movie, that somewhere in an alternate universe, an audience is screaming "don't go in there, stupid!" And that as soon as I turn on the lights, someone is going to grab me from behind and kidnap me. Or that maybe I'll walk in and find a murder scene and I'll be framed for the murder. 

I think I've just been watching way too much tv. I know it all sounds really crazy and paranoid, and I really doubt my office would be exciting enough for any of those things to happen. Still, it wouldn't hurt for me to borrow Shane's headlamp for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment