Tuesday, April 8, 2014

#34: I don't know what to say.

This morning I was shaken by the news of the sudden and tragic death of a member of my extended family. 

I don't want to share details out of respect for my family, but although I was not close with this relative, I have not been able to stop thinking about it all day. I held in my emotions during the workday but I broke down when I got home. 

Hug your friends and family every chance you get. Don't miss an opportunity to tell someone just how much they mean to you. You never know when that day might be someone's last. Do what you can to learn and recognize the warning signs of severe depression. Hopefully you will never have reason to use this knowledge. 

If you are suffering and you don't think you can go on, please, I beg you to talk to someone, anyone. You are not alone. Your friends and family need you, they want you, they love you. 

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline : 1-800-273-8255

As Dr. Suess would say, "there is no one alive who is youer than you." When we leave this earth, we leave a hole that can never exactly be filled. Even if it doesn't seem like it at the time, you mean a lot to a lot of people. 



**********************



To my cousin...may your soul now find the peace that was missing in life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment