Sunday, April 27, 2014

Weekly weigh in

To see all past weigh ins, click here. To see my whole weight loss journey, click here.

This week had a disappointing start. I was supposed to run for 20 minutes straight at a time and that was a huge disaster. I tried running in different shoes than normal after my regular ones got muddy a few days before and were in the process of being washed...that was a horrible idea. My knees, feet, and legs told me they thought so too. 

Today made up for it completely. I was back in my regular shoes plus I was sporting some new gear, like a high impact sports bra, some compression style running shorts, and some expensive but worth it Nike anti-blister running socks. I also tried running on the treadmill today instead of the YMCA track like normal. A lot of people complain about the treadmill, but I had a rather magical experience. Being able to set my pace and stick with it helped me get to 23 minutes of pure running bliss. A personal fan and my own TV playing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows helped out a lot too. It helped so much that I ended up walking for another 30 or so minutes after the run just because I wanted to keep watching!

My progress: I've lost 3lbs since last week for a total of 26lbs lost...I'm now at 200lbs!
28.9% of my goal complete. 

Shane's progress: He's lost 7lbs since last week for a total of 38lbs lost...he's at 271lbs.
30.4% of his goal complete. 


And just for proof, 200.0 on the dot! I once promised myself (when I was around 185lbs or so) that I would immediately go on a crash diet if I ever reached 200...and then proceeded to get to 226! What's really important to me here isn't the number on the scale but what it represents. I've made a commitment to myself that I am going to treat my body with the respect that it deserves, and I'm sticking to it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment